Research Paper Assignment
As described in the syllabus, the first part of the Research Paper
assignment involves completion of the Library Exercise
Assignment, Parts One and Two .
Once you have completed the Initial Research, you will develop and
Outline, Initial Draft, and Final Draft.
The due dates for all these assignments can be found in the syllabus.
As with the Critical Response Paper, there are some general guidelines
to keep in mind:
|For the Initial Draft Peer
Editing Day, you will
- Bring Four Copies (Minimum 2500 Words)
- Typed, Double-Spaced
- with Outline, Works Cited Page, and Parenthetical
- Failure to submit an outline will result in the loss
grade on the final paper!
- You must make include specific references to six
secondary sources in this paper.
- Include in your Works Cited page only those sources to
which you actually refer in the paper.
|For the Final Assignment Due
Date you will bring, in a Folder,
- Initial Draft
with Instructor's Comments
- Final Draft (Minimum 2500 Words)
- Typed, Double-Spaced, with Revised Outline, Works Cited Page,
You will write a well-developed
essay with a clearly stated thesis that is
using direct quotes and references from the poem and/or novel, as well
as from at
least six critical discussions
of the primary text(s), as applicable.
- Make sure that
all quotes are incorporated effectively into your discussion, using the
- Make sure that you do not begin or
a paragraph with a quote.
- Make sure to use proper parenthetical
and proper MLA format for your discussion.