Dorothy Wordsworth (1771-1855)
Things to Consider:
- Potentially Useful Article
- Descriptions of Nature
- Describe the relationship between Dorothy and William
Wordsworth. (see also 406, 408-9, and esp. 414)
- Why is she so detailed in her descriptions?
- What impression does Dorothy's journal offer of the
economic conditions at the time? (see 406, 412)
- Describe Dorothy's emotional response to the different poor
people she describes in these entries.
- What does Dorothy say is her reason for starting her
- Describe Dorothy's reaction to William's wedding.
See silly videos
"I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud"
What are the central subject and theme of this poem?
- What is "that inward eye / Which is the bliss of
- How does the imagery found in this poem compare with that
found in Dorothy's journal entry for April 15, 1802 (409-10)?